Wednesday, August 19, 2009

About Sherry Hood

I stumbled in to my first taiji class in 1996 at Sac State, not realizing that this would lead me to a new career.  Soon after moving to San Francisco I shifted from taiji to qigong and began to study Massage and Bodywork.  I finished a 2-year Teacher Training Program from Wong's Taiji and Qigong for Health and began to teach Qigong. Currently I am studying Wild Goose, 2nd Form.

In 1997 I began to study massage at ReSource, a small school in Berkeley run by 3 Trager Practitioners. I finished a 500-hour program. Near the end of my first 100 hours, I had a Trager Session. It was life changing; I felt as though I had just come home. Learning bodywork from 3 of Dr. Milton Trager's first students has informed my work since day one.

Before becoming a Movement Educator I had a long career in Nuclear Medicine Technology, and was a Department Manager, research assistant, student coordinator and lecturer. I have an AS Degree in Nuclear Medicine, a BA in Philosophy and briefly studied psychology at CIIS.

What I love most about what my work is helping a person become comfortable in his or her body. So often we are aware of our body only when it hurts. But what would it be like to love how you feel all the time, to notice what feels good, to stop pain before it starts?




No comments:

Post a Comment